No matter where your family is, or how old they are - whether they live at home with you or somewhere else, spending time with them & we know how wonderful it is to spend time with them when you're able! This week we're sharing a creative article by Families For Life that focuses on sharing family time not just with young kids but also teens, couples, grandparents, parents, and extended family. We hope these inspire you to find fun ways to enjoy some quality time together! Here are our top 7...for all 30, visit this article here.
- Leave A Message For Your Kids (If you don't have time before work to say good morning, leave them a post-it note or a SMS on their phone to let them know you're thinking of them)
- Plan A Monthly Excursion (Best if it is non-work or church related, find fun places to explore, museums to visit, picnics to take together. Plan the whole excursion together and make sure to put it in the diary!)
- Step Into Your Teenager's World (Find out what they're passionate about and see if there's a way to take part in it with them! If that's not possible, spend some time learning about it and asking questions.)
- Cook A Favourite Family Meal Together (This includes grandparents, aunts, uncles, & kids! If there's a meal passed down through the generations, cook and enjoy it altogether. If it's not possible to eat together, try sending a picture of the meal or Skype calling at dinner time to share the experience)
- Take Up A Hobby As A Couple (Having hobbies can be difficult when ministry and family life is so busy. One way to share something (and make sure you keep up with it!) is take up an interest or pass time with your partner. Have you always wanted to learn a new language? Do you both enjoy bush walking? Do you like growing gardens? Find a new thing to learn together and set time aside for it)
- Stay In Touch With Extended Family By Group Chat/Email (There are some wonderful apps and programs available now to keep you connected (Skype, WhatsApp, Email, Facetime). While ministry can take you to far away places, making a place to stay in touch and share daily news can help stay connected even if you're far away or can't see them often. Try sharing photos, videos, fun links, important news and prayer points)
- Celebrate, Recognise & Appreciate Each Other (Keep track of important dates such as birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, even big project due dates and remember to celebrate these milestones)
How do you enjoy time with your family? :) For more great ideas, visit this article.